Looking to automate download process, can WinSCP help?

Advertisement

sgarcia

Looking to automate download process, can WinSCP help?

Hi all, I just found WinSCP and this Website. I have no previous experience using this product.

At this time I need a solution that can automatically perform the following at a given time interval:

1. Connect to FTP server
2. Move any found files from FTP server to local or UNC folder
3. Close and exit.

The tricky part is #2.

The files that are there must be moved, as opposed to simply copying them. This is so that the same files won't be copied over and over again on each process run. There is an external process that continuously drops files into the FTP's file folder that my script will be checking.

I noticed the MV command, but the documentation does not clearly state whether this command is to move files locally within the FTP server or whether the file is moved from the FTP server to the local/UNC folder. Thanks all, Salvador

Advertisement

sgarcia

Thanks prikryl,

I am currently working on a WinSCP script using -delete. Initial tests look good. I will follow up when I perform more tests and have results. Salvador

sgarciav

Thank you. I now have a working script.

sgarcia wrote:

Thanks prikryl,

I am currently working on a WinSCP script using -delete. Initial tests look good. I will follow up when I perform more tests and have results. Salvador

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum