Bug Report - Problem with New and updated file(s) only

Advertisement

Aatif Farooq

Bug Report - Problem with New and updated file(s) only

Hi Dev Team...!

I have been noticing a bug for many versions of WinSCP.

I normally use 'New and updated file(s) only' while transfer the files from either side, just to save the time.
It works great by the way. But it has a little bug. I think does not consider the timezone differences while checking the updated files.

My timezone is GMT+5 and server's timezone would be probably GMT or GMT-6.

1) I upload the newer files on the server.
2) I update some of those files using any editor (Any File editor with FTP like, PhpDesigner) within an hour or so.
3) Download all files using WinSCP with 'New and updated file(s) only' option checked. (snapshot attached)

Here is the bug, Even the files on the server are updated but it still does not download the files and consider my local files as the updated version. This only happens, if i update the server's files within the timezone difference. If i update the server's files after a day or two, it works perfectly.

So, I think its all happen because it does not convert the dates to GMT before comparing them.

I hope this will also be fixed in newer release.

I am currently using WinSCP (Version 5.1.0, Build: 2625) with "Commander Interface" on "Windows 7 Professional".

Thanks,
Aatif

Description: Snapshot of options I check during copy

snap.png

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Bug Report - Problem with New and updated file(s) only

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP). Ideally on a test folder with a single file.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum