Changing local panel home directory

Advertisement

Advertisement

Re: Changing local panel home directory

I have the same problem as DarkAngel.

You suggest the directories tab of the login dialog. I don't see a directories tab, I think you mean the environment tab? Yet, there seems to be no way to change the local panel home directory there.

Please clarify.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

You suggest the directories tab of the login dialog. I don't see a directories tab, I think you mean the environment tab?
It depends on the version of WinSCP you have. In the latest one, there is Directories tab.

Yet, there seems to be no way to change the local panel home directory there.
You do not have "Local directory" box there?

Scott

I am in the same situation - how do I change the home directory for winSCP (v3.6.1)?

Thanks

Scott

martin wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

You suggest the directories tab of the login dialog. I don't see a directories tab, I think you mean the environment tab?
It depends on the version of WinSCP you have. In the latest one, there is Directories tab.

Yet, there seems to be no way to change the local panel home directory there.
You do not have "Local directory" box there?

Advertisement

bimmerite

changing local directories folder & automate

I think the confusion is caused by where to look for the directories tab. When you first open WinSCP (before starting a session), choose an existing session and hit 'Edit'. Now you'll see 'Environment' and under that is 'Directories'.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE EDITING YOUR REGISTRY THEN DON'T! YOU CAN SEVERELY BREAK YOUR MACHINE. DO THE BELOW AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If you already have a bunch of saved sessions and you are saving them in the registry, you can update them easier than touching each saved entry.
1) Set the local directory for one of your saved sessions. This will give you the template for all the rest.
2) export from the registry:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\Sessions]
3) Find the "LocalDirectory"="C:%5C" entry. The part after the "=" will be different for you.
4) Copy and paste this line to each of the saved sessions in the file. The layout should be obvious. If not, then DO NOT go any further.
5) Import the updated registry file back in. If you do not know how to do this then you shouldn't be doing this.

Done. Hope this helps!!

After edit button of a certain server, click advanced at the right bottom, you'll see the window where you can access directories settings.

Svetlana

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum