ForceBanners=DWORD:0000001 not working

Advertisement

ForceBanners=DWORD:0000001 not working

Hi,

I installed the lastest WinSCP build on a Windows XP system.
I implemented the ForceBanners fix as suggested on your site in the following registry key
HKLM\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2

Users are still able to uncheck the box when the banner shows up.
Does having roaming profiles effect the way this fix works?

When I logged into the machine with my roaming profile account I noticed there was another entry in HKCurrentUser\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\ I took the liberty to apply the fix there but to no avail

Any insight to this will help me greatly

Thanks!!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: ForceBanners=DWORD:0000001 not working

Sorry, I've overlooked your post.
The ForceBanners works for me.

Please share exact export of the key.

It should look like:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2]
"ForceBanners"=dword:00000001

Hi Martin,

I have place the exact key as you have written.
It seems to work when you don't have windows roaming profiles activate.
When you are on a network with Windows roaming profiles activated it tends to fail.

Advertisement

Yeah I asked myself that question as well. I would have thought once you placed the correct flags into HKLM it would automatically kick in.

I did notice, however, that systems with Roaming Windows adds another registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2 where you have to put in the ForceBanners flags in too. I decided to try it out but that didn't work, I'm out of ideas?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

WinSCP reads ForceBanners from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE only. Unless with Roaming profiles enabled, some redirections do occur behind the scenes.
Anyway, how do you set the ForceBanners in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE? (I do not know how Roaming profiles are administered). Can you see the value set in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE after you login with account that uses Roaming profiles?

Hi Martin,

Yes I do see the value I set in HKLM after logging in, but for whatever reason unknown to me it still allows me to check the box to disable the warning banner

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Same problem

samsonite wrote:

I too am having this issue on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
The same answer:
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum