Automation Error when starting WinSCP in VBA

Advertisement

jonf

Automation Error when starting WinSCP in VBA

I am trying to use WinSCP in an Excel VBA environment. I've been able to get it working okay on a PC with Windows 7, Excel 2007 and WinSCP version 5.1.7. However when I used the same VBA code in Excel 2007 on a PC with Windows 8 32 bit, I get an automation error the moment I start to use WinSCP, i.e.

Dim mySession As New Session

' Enable custom error handling
On Error Resume Next

Upload mySession

The subroutine "Upload" is the same as the VBA example given in the web pages. This command immediately throws the "Automation Error".

I've tried uninstalling it and installing the latest beta version 5.2.4, running regasm.exe to create and register the tlb file, but I get the same Automation Error.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

jonf

Re: Automation Error when starting WinSCP in VBA

jonf wrote:

I am trying to use WinSCP in an Excel VBA environment. I've been able to get it working okay on a PC with Windows 7, Excel 2007 and WinSCP version 5.1.7. However when I used the same VBA code in Excel 2007 on a PC with Windows 8 32 bit, I get an automation error the moment I start to use WinSCP, i.e.

Dim mySession As New Session

' Enable custom error handling
On Error Resume Next

Upload mySession

The subroutine "Upload" is the same as the VBA example given in the web pages. This command immediately throws the "Automation Error".

I've tried uninstalling it and installing the latest beta version 5.2.4, running regasm.exe to create and register the tlb file, but I get the same Automation Error.

Any suggestions?

I've registered so I can view any replies.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Automation Error when starting WinSCP in VBA

I'd suggest you to unregister all versions of WinSCP assembly you registered in the past, then search registry to make sure all traces of winscp.dll are gone, and try again.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum