Realtime bidrectional sync between FTP and local directory

Advertisement

JeffClay

Realtime bidrectional sync between FTP and local directory

I'm needing a realtime syncing solution to keep local files and an FTP server in sync. The files will be large and the FTP server is off-site, so I'm concerned about users trying to open partially downloaded files, or saving a file multiple times while the previous upload is still in progress. This solution also need to start when windows does on the server, and if it stops or hangs for any reason, it needs to restart itself. Is this something that WinSCP can do out of the box via gui, or will I have to script or program this?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

tomb

Same question from me. I will be uploading to the FTP server. I am not concerned about users trying to open partially downloaded files but i do want to prevent uploading files that did not change since the last upload.
I addition: I want the FTP job to delete the files from the FTP server that were deleted from the source location since the last run.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

tomb wrote:

Same question from me. I will be uploading to the FTP server. I am not concerned about users trying to open partially downloaded files but i do want to prevent uploading files that did not change since the last upload.
I addition: I want the FTP job to delete the files from the FTP server that were deleted from the source location since the last run.
Use synchronize -delete remote <local directory> <remote directory>

See https://winscp.net/eng/docs/scriptcommand_synchronize

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum