Deletes folder clicked in directory tree, if renaming

Advertisement

Dumle29

Deletes folder clicked in directory tree, if renaming

So I recently used WinSCP to setup a mailserver, luckily it was a brand new server, and therefor reinstalling only meant I had to setup the mailserver, fresh in memory, so no biggie, and Now I backup a lot :P

Okay, so for the bug report:

* Version of winSCP: 5.1.7
    * Windows: 8.0 x64
    * Protocol: SFTP
    * Interface: GUI - Commander
    * Managing remote server.
    * Recreation of problem:
    To recreate the problem, go into a folder on the remote server, right-click a file and select rename. With the textfield open, to allow renaming click on a parent folder in the directory tree, at the top of the remote browser window. The program will hang for a couple of seconds, and then the folder you clicked will show up empty / doesn't exist.
    *Notes:
    In my case, the folder in question was /etc and I was therefor not able to reconnect and see what actually happened to my /etc folder, and had to reinstall my os. The logical thing would be that it renamed the folder, but I have no way of checking that.

For the same reason I have no logs, and no intention of recreating the problem on my now finally functioning server.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Deletes folder clicked in directory tree, if renaming

Thanks for your report.
However I was not able to reproduce this.

"click on a parent folder in the directory tree": Do you mean a parent folder of the current folder? Or the current folder?
Did you actually change the file name?

Dumle29

I have been unable to replicate the issue with a virtualbox on my pc. It might be an issue with my VPS. It does show some similarities tho. Winscp hangs, but doesn't rename/delete/whatever the folder as it did on my vps.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Dumle29 wrote:

Winscp hangs, but doesn't rename/delete/whatever the folder as it did on my vps.
Does it hang forever or temporarily (how long?)?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum