Visual improvement suggestion for a prompt dialog

Advertisement

oliverfr

Visual improvement suggestion for a prompt dialog

Hello,

I thought all was fine, and this morning, twice, I found myself interrupting an existing transfer, and relaunching it again, because I realized I wasn't sure about what I had chosen.
Looked like a field for easy improvement :)

So, I humbly submit this improvement suggestion, rather than writing a wall of text, I used photoshop. Merry holidays to everyone, while I'm here ! :)
Last edited by oliverfr on 2013-12-23 12:01; edited 1 time in total

Description: In my eyes, that kind of menu would make much more sense, it doesn't ask the brain to work as hard, and "goes with the flow" of intuition and common sense.

3-cooler.jpg

Description: the current dialog. Confusing, counter-intuitive. Important information stacked in odd places.

1-uncool.jpg

Advertisement

oliverfr

Hmm, replying to myself, to bump the thread. I just saw there was a very important option/action combo missing.
Option : comparing remote and local files by size. Identical size, or not.
Action : skip, resume or overwrite.

As things are, if we had to turn our PC in the middle of a HUGE series of uploads, and want to resume the day after, we can't re- drag and drop everything to the remote server, and simply tell the program "look at the file sizes, skip what's already complete, overwrite what's incomplete, and proceed with the rest".

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

oliverfr wrote:

Hmm, replying to myself, to bump the thread. I just saw there was a very important option/action combo missing.
Option : comparing remote and local files by size. Identical size, or not.
Action : skip, resume or overwrite.

As things are, if we had to turn our PC in the middle of a HUGE series of uploads, and want to resume the day after, we can't re- drag and drop everything to the remote server, and simply tell the program "look at the file sizes, skip what's already complete, overwrite what's incomplete, and proceed with the rest".
That's very specific request that would not have widespread use. Moreover you can achieve this using synchronization.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum