Auto download and delete.

Advertisement

koheleth

Auto download and delete.

Probably been asked for but to be able to auto connect and download files like backups and then delete off server would certainly make me open my wallet and make a healthy donation. Seems auto ftp manager have the monopoly at the moment. Would rather buy or donate here. Thanks for WinSCP.

Advertisement

cutietheduck

Delete Order

I have searched for an area to change the delete order on a connection. Is it possible to delete as we download? For instance, if 20 files reside on a server, can we get a file, delete a file, get a file, delete a file?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Delete Order

cutietheduck wrote:

I have searched for an area to change the delete order on a connection. Is it possible to delete as we download? For instance, if 20 files reside on a server, can we get a file, delete a file, get a file, delete a file?
Sorry, I do not understand. Can you try again with more details please?

Advertisement

gry

I don't know what's difficult to understand in the line you quoted. It explains the required flow rather clearly. The task involves "mget *.ext", with deleting file on server after it's successfully retrieved, one by one. I appear to also need a tool that accomplishes such task.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

gry wrote:

I don't know what's difficult to understand in the line you quoted. It explains the required flow rather clearly. The task involves "mget *.ext", with deleting file on server after it's successfully retrieved, one by one. I appear to also need a tool that accomplishes such task.
But what he asks for it exactly what get -delete does.
As he asked for "change the delete order" it seems that he looks for a different operation ordering.

The Problem for me (and as i understand for the others, too) is that if you transfer a whole directory of files "get -delete" first tries to download every single file and only after success deletes all of them.

If you try to transfer thousands of files over an unreliable connection each problem causes the job to start from scratch.

What ist does:
transfer file.001
transfer file.002
transfer file.999
delete file.001
delete file.002
delete file.999

What would help:
transfer file.001
delete file.001
transfer file.002
delete file.002
transfer file.999
delete file.999
[/quote]

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

The Problem for me (and as i understand for the others, too) is that if you transfer a whole directory of files "get -delete" first tries to download every single file and only after success deletes all of them.
That's only true for SCP protocol, as that one is very specific. For other protocols, it deletes each file right after it is downloaded.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum