Importing FileZilla site login and related issues

Advertisement

sugob

Importing FileZilla site login and related issues

Hi

As a new user intending to migrate from FileZilla, thanks for creating such a great program ':D'

Still getting used to the differences but I noticed that when I imported my existing connections defined in FileZilla Site Manager, if the directory name contained a '/' [forward slash] then WinSCP created sub-dirs for each of these
e.g. if directory name in FileZilla was 'Hello World/dog/cat' then WinSCP would create a directory 'Hello World' and in that another directory 'dog' and in that another called 'cat' [where it then successfully copied in the connections from FileZilla]

I assume this is because '/' is a reserved char in WinSCP names [gives error if I try to rename directory back to original name with a '/'] - as I can use '\' [backslash] instead, couldn't the import not do this mapping automatically?

When I tried to move my connections back to similar to how I had in FileZilla, I couldn't drag directories nor highlight multiple connections [so I had to move them one at a time]

The only other strange thing I noticed was when connecting to an invalid connection then I would get an error popup [as expected] but the reconnect time would show as '9s' and start counting down, get to about 7s, then jump back to 9s and then count down correctly

Nothing too major, so looking good

Thanks again

M

P.S. Running on Win XP 32bit

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Importing FileZilla site login and related issues

sugob wrote:

Still getting used to the differences but I noticed that when I imported my existing connections defined in FileZilla Site Manager, if the directory name contained a '/' [forward slash] then WinSCP created sub-dirs for each of these
e.g. if directory name in FileZilla was 'Hello World/dog/cat' then WinSCP would create a directory 'Hello World' and in that another directory 'dog' and in that another called 'cat' [where it then successfully copied in the connections from FileZilla]

I assume this is because '/' is a reserved char in WinSCP names [gives error if I try to rename directory back to original name with a '/'] - as I can use '\' [backslash] instead, couldn't the import not do this mapping automatically?
Thanks for your suggestion.
This request has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1111

The only other strange thing I noticed was when connecting to an invalid connection then I would get an error popup [as expected] but the reconnect time would show as '9s' and start counting down, get to about 7s, then jump back to 9s and then count down correctly
This has been improved in 5.5.1:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1107

sugob

Thanks for the quick response ':D'

As well as what I think are bugs, I assume suggestions also go in this forum?

M

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum