having trouble with winscp on new laptop

Advertisement

babyshoes

having trouble with winscp on new laptop

I copied my ini file from my old laptop to my new laptop. Yet, when I connect to the remote site, I see very few folders and files. Why would this happen?

Advertisement

mhu1987

Look what version of winscp are you using at old laptop and the version you installed on new laptop. I'm having trouble with folders containing foreign letter (e.g. polish letters). These folders with polish letters don;t show corectly or don't show at all! I have to stick to 5.17 version which works like a charm. Try this.

Unfortunately, I was using a really old version on the old laptop. I think 4.2 :oops:

Now I have 5.5.1.

I can't go too far back with Windows 8. I had windows 7 before.

Very frustrating.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: having trouble with winscp on new laptop

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP). Also mention name of a file(s) you are missing.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

On Windows 7 you are in folder /home/www-bcr/public_html/admin/uploads/CustomListing while in Windows 8 you are in folder /root/home/bcr-clients/public_html.

stacy2765
Donor

omg! Thank you so much!! What a silly mistake. I am so hung up on the nastiness of Windows 8 that I am obviously not thinking clearly!

I am going to make a donation for you.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum