Using WinSCP to upload from Windows XP to IBM mainframe.

Advertisement

smurphy8564

Using WinSCP to upload from Windows XP to IBM mainframe.

Just a general questions. Should I be able to use WinSCP to transfer files from my Windows XP box to an IBM Mainframe where the directory strings look something like this: TEST.ASU.AGENCY123.INPUT ??? I get an error that says no such directory found. (or something like that) Thanks.

Advertisement

TimThackerISF

IBM mainframe directory strings

I saw that the answer was from 2010 and was wondering if it was still an issue with the directory names from IBM mainframe. I can get connected but can't get the remote directory to change to the correct path. It works in Filezilla but I wanted to use the automated C# library. Is it possible to read IBM mainframe directory strings?

Tim

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: IBM mainframe directory strings

TimThackerISF wrote:

I saw that the answer was from 2010 and was wondering if it was still an issue with the directory names from IBM mainframe. I can get connected but can't get the remote directory to change to the correct path. It works in Filezilla but I wanted to use the automated C# library. Is it possible to read IBM mainframe directory strings?
There's no update yet.
May I get a test account on your server?

Advertisement

orlando.colamatteo

any updates?

I am trying to do the same thing with an IBM mainframe and am not able to download a file named as

'filename(0).blah'

I am assuming the name is resolved on the mainframe side but the ftp WinSCP component must have something to do with it because I can download it using the .NET WebCLient class.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: any updates?

orlando.colamatteo wrote:

I am assuming the name is resolved on the mainframe side but the ftp WinSCP component must have something to do with it because I can download it using the .NET WebCLient class.
Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

pasha-hef3

WinSCP ftp tls-explicit encrypted connection to a mainframe

Hi, I cannot display a directory listing when I connect to an IBM mainframe from Windows 7 with WinSCP using FTP protocol with TLS explicit encryption. Is it still true that WinSCP does not support IBM mainframe directory strings?

Thanks!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP ftp tls-explicit encrypted connection to a mainframe

pasha-hef3 wrote:

Hi, I cannot display a directory listing when I connect to an IBM mainframe from Windows 7 with WinSCP using FTP protocol with TLS explicit encryption. Is it still true that WinSCP does not support IBM mainframe directory strings?
Yes.

Advertisement

Ada

May I have a update?

May I have a update for the WinSCP to support MainFrame either by SFTP or FTPS in April, 2017?
Thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: May I have a update?

Ada wrote:

May I have a update for the WinSCP to support MainFrame either by SFTP or FTPS in April, 2017?
Thanks.
There were some small improvements. But in general, it's still not supported.

ven6329

can i change Listing directory in main frames ?

I am trying to change Listing directory in mainframes.i am getting the error as no such directory found

My LS CMD
"ls /+mode=text,clientcp=ISO8859-1,servercp=IBM-1047","ls /+lrecl=921,blksize=27630,recfm=VB,space=cyl.4000.40.release"

is this work ?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum