Using Tar/GZip causes many reconnects and blocks the program

Advertisement

xantiva

Using Tar/GZip causes many reconnects and blocks the program

Hello,

I'm running WinSCP 5.5.3 on a Windows 7 64bit (Pro) computer. If I use the "Tar/Gzip" on a lot of files in the past, the process starts on the server, WinSCP shows ONCE a "server isn't responding" message. After that, I could "reconnect" with this dialog and continue working. If I refresh, I could see that the archive is still increasing.

With the actual WinSCP Version, the process starts and after some seconds the "server isn't responding" dialog opens (as before). But it disappears immediately without a chance to click! The program is blocked and after a short time the dialog appears and disappears again. This continues until the tar - process is ready.

Is this a new feature or maybe a bug? I prefer the old behavior ;)

Thank you for your work with WinSCP and best regards,
Mike

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Using Tar/GZip causes many reconnects and blocks the program

The "not responding" box disappears when your server responds (= sends any data). Possibly the tar outputs some progress?

xantiva

Hi,

sorry for my late response. Seems that I miss the notification about new posts ...

martin wrote:

The "not responding" box disappears when your server responds (= sends any data). Possibly the tar outputs some progress?
I don't know. :( How can I check this?

The main problem is, that WinSCP is blocked through the hole time. In the past I could continue working ...

Best regards,
Mike

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum