Problem with private key in WINSCP

Advertisement

sherrireid

Problem with private key in WINSCP

I don't know what version I am using. There is no Help -> About that tells me the version. I do know it is a more recent one, but I don't know if it is the most current one.

I am using SFTP and when I go to Advanced -> Advanced -> SSH -> Authentication and I try to add the private key file (which I created with puttygen)I get the following error message: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\JPMorgan SSH Keys\JPMorgan Private TEST1 key.ppk does not exist or it does not contain private key in known format."

As I said, I used PuttyGen to create the key pair and I even created a new one to see if the original was somehow corrupt. But I've tried it on 3 private key files and all of them give the same error message.

Thanks
Sherri Reid

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Problem with private key in WINSCP

sherrireid wrote:

I don't know what version I am using. There is no Help -> About that tells me the version. I do know it is a more recent one, but I don't know if it is the most current one.
There's on Help > About. If you cannot get past Login dialog, you can use Tools > About.

I am using SFTP and when I go to Advanced -> Advanced -> SSH -> Authentication and I try to add the private key file (which I created with puttygen)I get the following error message: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\JPMorgan SSH Keys\JPMorgan Private TEST1 key.ppk does not exist or it does not contain private key in known format."
It's probably this bug:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1130
Please upgrade.

Re: Problem with private key in WINSCP

Thanks - that resolved the problem.

It's probably this bug:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1130
Please upgrade.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum