Connection failed, but doesn't try to connect?

Advertisement

Psondag

Connection failed, but doesn't try to connect?

I have a scheduled script (via Windows Scheduler) which starts WinSCP to get some files from a device.
Script works fine for several days and then suddenly stops. Have had this issue for some weeks now and don't know how to resolve this issue.

I think here is the problem:
In attached log files you'll find 3 logs:

* connection_failed.log: Here you'll find a log from my script which failes within the same ms the script is started. It looks like the script doesn't even try to connect to the device
* connection_timeout: Here you'll find a log from my script which failes because there actually isn't a connection to a device (device is offline, so this log is fine). But you'll see that WinSCP tries for +/- 21 seconds to connect to the device before it gives the failed status.
* connection_good.log: Here you'll find a log from my script to a device which works correctly.

As i've told, the script works fine for several days and i'm receiving connection_timeout.log and connection_good.log. After x days the script stops working and all i get is the connection_failed.log (connection failed within the same ms).

When i restart my server, alle works fine again, but have the same problem several days later.

Can you tell me why WinSCP decides to give a 'Connection failed' status within the same ms as the script is started? It doesn't even try to connect to the device.

Thanks in advance for your reply and research!

Kind regards,
Peter Sondag

Advertisement

Psondag

Will first try to test this with the new version of WinSCP. Was using a old version.

If problem persists, i'll reply to this thread.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Connection failed, but doesn't try to connect?

Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum