Displayed mouse pointer incorrect for directory tree divider

Advertisement

mouseptr

Displayed mouse pointer incorrect for directory tree divider

WinSCP v5.6.1 (Build 4547)

A minor bug (or two) that I assume are quick to fix.

(1) Open any type of connection to any server. This results in the local and remote panels being displayed.
(2) In the local panel, show the directory tree (Ctrl+Alt+T). Move the mouse pointer over the divider between the local directory tree panel and local files panel. A horizontal resize cursor should be displayed, not a vertical resize cursor.
(3) In the remote panel, show the directory tree (Ctrl+Alt+T). Move the mouse pointer over the divider between the remote directory tree panel and remote files panel. A horizontal resize cursor should be displayed, not a vertical resize cursor.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Displayed mouse pointer incorrect for directory tree divider

I do not have the problem. Can you post a screenshot? What version of Windows are you using? Any special visual theme?

mouseptr

I am running WinSCP on Windows 7 Enterprise. No special visual theme.

When doing a screenshot using PrntScrn in Windows 7, the mouse cursor disappears from the resultant screenshot. Therefore, the best I could do was mock up what the cursor does in 3 situations (see attached mock ups). Only when the mouse cursor is between the local and remote panels is the resize cursor correct (WinSCPMid1.png).

Hope you can see the situation in the mock ups.

Description: Correct resize cursor - between local and remote files panel.

WinSCPMid1.png

Description: Wrong resize cursor - between tree and local files panel.

WinSCPLocal1.png

Description: Wrong resize cursor - between tree and remote files panel.

WinSCPRemote1.png

mouseptr

Thanks for that.

Another more minor thing I noticed is that the status bar says "Drag to resize directory tree. Double click to make height of directory trees equal." Shouldn't it say width instead of height?

Speaking of the height/width wording, I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so that one could chose whether the file panel/directory tree was horizontally split or vertically split? I find that a horizontal split shows more columns in the file panel on the monitors I use without needing to use the scrollbars. Not an urgent feature request.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

mouseptr wrote:

Speaking of the height/width wording, I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so that one could chose whether the file panel/directory tree was horizontally split or vertically split?
There is such an option. You had to use it as by default vertical splitting is used (hence the wording) but you are using horizontal splitting.
The option is Show directory tree left of file list:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_commander

I find that a horizontal split shows more columns in the file panel on the monitors I use without needing to use the scrollbars.
But you use horizontal splitting, right?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum