Drag And Drop From Windows to WinSCP Shows No-Drop Cursor

Advertisement

Drag And Drop From Windows to WinSCP Shows No-Drop Cursor

Windows 8.1
WinSCP Version 5.5.5. Build 4605
WinSCP User Interface (Explorer)

When I drag one or more files from a Windows Explorer (or a the Desktop, etc.) to the WinSCP window, the cursor displays the "No-Drop" cursor. I am unable to drop the files into the WinSCP window.

I have another computer with the same version of WinSCP but it works as intended. The OS on the other computer is Windows 7.

I have disabled User Access Control.
I have rebooted the computer.
I've compared the registry between both computers and I do not see a difference in the DragExt entry.

Thank you.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Drag And Drop From Windows to WinSCP Shows No-Drop Cursor

Are you running WinSCP "as administrator"? This typically happens when you drag a file from non-elevated process to an elevated-process.

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I am running it as administrator. I've got the compatibility tab option set to run it as administrator every time it runs. I also tried just right clicking it and selecting run as administrator.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

That was my point. You cannot drag files from a process running with normal privileges to a process running as an administrator. That's a restriction imposed by Windows.
Last edited by martin on 2014-09-03; edited 1 time in total

Thank you very much. I did not realize what you meant by copying from a non-elevated process to an elevated process. I appreciate the explanation. That resolved my problem.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum