Error When using WinSCP in a Windows Service

Advertisement

Beelzebub1957

Error When using WinSCP in a Windows Service

I've created a Windows service which uses WinSCP 5.5.5 (both exe and DLL) to download files from a secure FTP site. This has been working for several weeks until today when I received the error message, 'WinSCP process terminated with exit code -1073741819 and output "", without responding (response log file C:\Windows\TEMP\wscp26AC.039CE30F.tmp was not created). This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.' I Googled the error and just found the recommendation that I should be using the latest version of WinSCP, which I do. I'm able to run the WinCP exe without any problems. Any helpful information beyond "be sure you have the latest version" would be appreciated.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error When using WinSCP in a Windows Service

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a dev version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
No matter if it fixes the problem or not, I would be interested in seeing a session log file (set Session.SessionLogPath).

Beelzebub1957

I rebooted the server and fixed the initial problem, but we occasionally (and I do mean occasionally) also get the message, 'WinSCP process terminated with exit code 3 and output "", without responding (response log file C:\Windows\TEMP\wscp1A1C.03FA865C.tmp was not created). This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems s Could it be permissions on C:Windows\Temp?tarting WinSCP itself.'

Since I'm using WinSCP within a C# service, I also need the file WinSCPNet.dll for version 5.5.5.

martin wrote:

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a dev version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
No matter if it fixes the problem or not, I would be interested in seeing a session log file (set Session.SessionLogPath).

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Beelzebub1957 wrote:

Since I'm using WinSCP within a C# service, I also need the file WinSCPNet.dll for version 5.5.5.
I have sent you both WinSCP.exe and WinSCPnet.dll.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum