Cannot rename files/folders error 301 Moved Permanently

Advertisement

PaulaG

Cannot rename files/folders error 301 Moved Permanently

I am using winDrag&drop shell extension use is enabled, but the extension is not installed. Install the extension or switch to compatible drag&drop mode (from Preferences window), which uses temporary folder for downloads." - I fixed it in Preferences so I don't get this particular message when I try to drag&drop, but then get the message below... Also installed extension.

"WebDAV resource moved to 'https://........."
301 Moved Permanently" - caused by trying to rename folder on drive

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Cannot rename files/folders error 301 Moved Permanently

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

PaulaG

Log file supplied for 301 moved permanently errors

Thank you. I am attaching log file here.

Let me know what suggestions or comments you have.
much appreciated.

Paula
  • 301error..log.log (323.3 KB, Private file)

PaulaG

Fixed bug log file attached - New bug report added

Yes, that fixed that bug (Log will be included) -- I can now successfully rename files and folders.
Will this new zipped copy work for other users here if I give them the new WinSCP copy?

I do have a new problem though I just noticed, as such:
Once I have connected, if I try to Drag and Drop a file from the Winscp webdav interface to my desktop, the file disappears from the webdav share.

If I select the same file and Download using the 'Download' toolbar button, the behavior is as expected; meaning it copies the file to my desktop as well as leaving it in place on the connected webdav share. I checked the Tools > Preferences > Drag and Drop menu and I think I have it right: Checked "Allow moving from remote directory to other applications" and selected "Use Shell extension"

This new problem is also in same log as I will submit to forum in my reply.

thank you for your help.
  • newlog.log (163.75 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Fixed bug log file attached - New bug report added

Did you read this?
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Fixed bug log file attached - New bug report added

Since 5.14, it is always possible to use drag&drop to move remote files to external applications, while copy is always the default operation.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum