automating sync task

Advertisement

automating sync task

Hi,

Is there a way to automate certain tasks of winscp?

Specifically, I would like to be able to launch a single shortcut/commandline and have sync and/or "keep remote directory up to date" run in the background, without any dialogs prompted to the user. (maybe just a system tray icon)

This way it would be easy to use winscp with the windows command sheduler, or perhaps even as a service entirely in the background.

Advertisement

Whoops :oops:

I did use the search function, but forgot the wildcard, so I didn't see the other posts requesting for scripting/automation.

Somewhere prikryl explains it will be in the "next major release". Is that release comming soon? Is there an ETA?

Again my apologies for failing to correctly utilise the search function.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Somewhere prikryl explains it will be in the "next major release". Is that release comming soon? Is there an ETA?
I believe I'll be able to implement this within one month.

However I haven't plan to include the function "keep remote directory up to date" in automation. I reconsider this.

etsatskypedotnet

syncher as service

martin wrote:

I believe I'll be able to implement this within one month.
However I haven't plan to include the function "keep remote directory up to date" in automation. I reconsider this.
What is progress with it? That can be great backup solution, I'd be happy to test if there is anything to test already.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: syncher as service

I'm still working on this. I can try to finish it within two weeks, but I do not know yet if it will include the script command for "keep remote directory up to date".

I have already implemeneted command-line command for this, but i may not be what you want.

Advertisement

ets ats skype dot net

Re: syncher as service

martin wrote:

I'm still working on this. I can try to finish it within two weeks, but I do not know yet if it will include the script command for "keep remote directory up to date".

I have already implemeneted command-line command for this, but i may not be what you want.

Dear Martin, i tried to reach you via icq, can you please respond, I can spec it out (atleast MRD) and want to offer you some compensation for that aswell.

potat0man

Appreciative user.

I'm excited about seeing this feature implemented as well.

Great work!

This could become the defacto for backing up home users important files on XP machines.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum