.* files not listed in remote panel

Advertisement

leonardevens
Donor

.* files not listed in remote panel

I am running WinSCP under Windows 8.1. I want to use it to transfer files from a Fedora 20 installation on another machine on my local network. I managed to transfer some files earlier using a flash drive to a 3T external usb drive attached to that machine. , When I open WinSCP under Windows 8.1, it shows .* files (and directories) such as .bashrc in the local directory I am using on the 3 T external drive, but the remote listing for the Fedora 20 machine doesn't show those files, although I know they are there from listing them at the machine itself.

Is there some way to get WinSCP show the .* files in the remote listing?

I want to be able to do that because the purpose of the whole exercise it to check that I have put everything on the Fedora 20 machine in a directory on the external drive, or to transfer anything I missed. The Windows 8.1 machine also has a Fedora 21 installation. I will need the Fedora 20 files transferred to the external USB drive attached to this computer to finish setting up Fedora 21.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: .* files not listed in remote panel

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum