WinSCP hangs then exits while transferring large files

Advertisement

jkb

WinSCP hangs then exits while transferring large files

Hello,

I am having a problem where WinSCP hangs during a transfer of several large files (ISO images). About 30 seconds after it hangs the WinSCP window just disappears completely and WinSCP no longer shows up in the task list. Sometimes, when it hangs, it gives me the "Invalid access to memory" error.

Strangely, this problem only seems to occur when I tell WinSCP to transfer the ISO files in the background. When I am not using the background transfer feature, I don't seem to have these issues.

WinSCP version is 3.6.8 build 245

Transfer method is SFTP, interface type is Explorer.

Server is:
OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7b 10 Apr 2003

Network is a local LAN, 100mbit full-duplex.

WinSCP is running on a 2.8ghz box, 1gb RAM, WinXP with SP1 (not SP2). I have tried WinSCP on another WinXP box using the background transfer feature and it appears to have the same symptoms.

Any help would be appreciated. I really like the background transfer feature! :)

Thanks

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP hangs then exits while transferring large files

I'll try to reproduce the bug. Does the problem happen anytime during the transfer or only after certain part of the file is transfered? If you find out any specific circumstances, under which the problem occcurs, let me know.

It appears to be intermittent. I just tried it again today, and this is what happened:

- Logged into ssh server
- Navigated to the directory containing the ISO files
- Dragged 4 ISO files to my desktop
- WinSCP began background copying files to my desktop (using SFTP)
- Left for a-while. Came back, all 4 files were there. Transfer completed successfully.
- Deleted the 4 files from my desktop. Dragged them over again using the same session, without logging out.
- Left for a-while
- Came back to an error screen "Invalid access to memory". This time the transfer failed on the 2nd ISO file.
- The first ISO completed fine. The second ISO's filename ended in ".filepart" and was only 313mb out of 696mb.

SSH2, SFTP, no compression, AES encryption

Any ideas??

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I'll try to prepare debug version of WinSCP to trace down the problem. I'll contact you shortly on your email address.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum