Disable file transfer and lost communication dialog

Advertisement

noftpanymore
Donor

Disable file transfer and lost communication dialog

Hi,

I did not find it - although I can't believe no one ever wrote about this before. There are two issues over many versions up to the latest 5.7 that I would like to see fixed (or someone tell me what I do wrong):

- when syncing server with local, the file transfer dialog offers a Cancel button. This cancel only works for the currently transferred file. It will immediately continue with the next one. How to stop the whole process?

- when loosing connection to the server the famous 'No communication for 15 seconds...' dialog comes up. I have a personal agenda with this dialog because it lies. It comes up the moment you loose connection (just seeing the bits flowing, the next moment this false information is shown), not after 15 seconds.

Thanks!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Disable file transfer and lost communication dialog

noftpanymore wrote:

- when syncing server with local, the file transfer dialog offers a Cancel button. This cancel only works for the currently transferred file. It will immediately continue with the next one. How to stop the whole process?
That's true.
This request has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1291

- when loosing connection to the server the famous 'No communication for 15 seconds...' dialog comes up. I have a personal agenda with this dialog because it lies. It comes up the moment you loose connection (just seeing the bits flowing, the next moment this false information is shown), not after 15 seconds.
Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

noftpanymore
Donor

Sorry for the late reply. In this case the error was sitting in front of the screen :lol:

I have a quite slow internet connection with lots of disconnections. Because it is so slow I am used to not see the bars move much during file transfer. Now when the connection is lost what happens is

- the flying paper sheet animation continuous
- the bars don't move (normal...)
- the transfer speed counter continuous to count

The latter must have been the final point to fool me. You count the transfer per second, and upon disconnect you don't stop it, but continue with the number decreasing slowly. While this might be mathematically correct, it might be also correct to ask for a stop of calculation, or even a reset.

Or in other words: I have no good way to see that the connection is lost until the dialog pops up and tells me that is the case already for 15 seconds...

Anyway, case closed.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Disable file transfer and lost communication dialog

martin wrote:

noftpanymore wrote:

That's true.
This request has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1291
While I believed you were right, I actually cannot reproduce this.

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum