a couple of keyboard shortcut requests

Advertisement

prm1

a couple of keyboard shortcut requests

Please consider adding the following items:
- keyboard shortcut to go to address bar (similar to alt+D in web browser)
- keyboard shortcut for opening putty *in* current directory

(currently, opening putty goes to the root directory or whatever the default has been set to in the putty settings. I guess this would require sending a 'cd %current_winscp_remote_path' path to putty, or configuring the temp settings prior to connecting?)

I searched around to see if these options already existed but didn't find anything (please excuse & correct me if they do already exist)

Advertisement

prm1

ok, excellent thanks!
The putty solution looks good.
For the ctrl+o option, is there anyway you please could add a simpler shortcut to simply highlight/send focus to the address bar? (see attachment) It would be a bit easier & quicker this way, simply highlight the address bar, type address, and hit enter. I do also like the ctrl+o option for more advanced navigating w/ bookmarks, but it would be great to have the quick option of going straight to address bar. Please consider this, and thanks for all of your excellent, hard work. :D

Screenshot 2015-03-27 14.39.58.png

Pathduck
Donor
Pathduck avatar

For focusing the address bar in the Explorer Interface - I agree the interface should behave as much as possible like Windows Explorer, including Alt+D for focusing the address bar. However I prefer the Commander mode, so I would use Ctrl+O which opens the location profiles, with the current dir focused, and you can type there.

For opening Putty in current directory, I use Copy Path to clipboard and do a cd in Putty. Not elegant, but not a lot of keystrokes either:
Ctrl+] copy path
Ctrl+P open putty
cd (Shift+INS)

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_commander_key#file_panels

Stian

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Well. I still do not see the advantage. The Ctrl+O opens the dialog and FOCUSES the path box. You type the new path and just hit Enter to open the path. That's exactly the same amount of keystrokes as using Ctrl+L/Alt+D in Windows Explorer.

Anyway, added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1303

Advertisement

noname

AutoHotkey script:

; WinSCP Ctrl+L to focus on address bar
$^l::
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
IfWinActive, WinSCP
{
ControlClick, TTBXToolbar1
ControlFocus, TTBXEdit1