Advertisement

pmdrgl

Cannot create remote file

Hi,

Have installed WinSCP and keep coming up with the following error:
Permission denied.
Error code: 3
Error message from server: Permission denied
Have tried solutions from forums, but still producing this error.

Version of WinSCP you are using (you should be using the latest version if possible).

Version of Microsoft Windows you are running WinSCP on.
-- Windows 7

Transfer protocol (SFTP, FTP, SCP or WebDAV).
-- SFTP

If you experience an error, include full error message. You may use Ctrl+C to copy the message, then paste it (Ctrl+V) to the post. Also check list of common error messages.
Cannot create remote file '/var/www/...' (I have obscured the file location)
Permission denied.
Error code: 3
Error message from server: Permission denied
Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.).

I can download files, but I cannot upload files. While not the owner, I am in a group with the same rights as the owners on the file - can read and write. Have tried other solutions seen on similar posts in the forum - modifying transfer settings, unchecking 'preserving timestamp', disabling transfer resume/transfer to temporary filename, but it still does not work for me.

If your problems relates to interaction with remote server, please post a full log file showing the problem.
-- See attached file

Fairly new to using this, so if any more info is required, let me know.

Thanks!
  • error-log.txt (5.62 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

pmdrgl

Re: Cannot create remote file

I have confirmed with a developer that I was not in the group with permissions for the folder I was trying to access. I am now and it works. Please mark as closed and thanks for looking into this.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Same problem for me

@saikowsik24: You most probably don't have the permissions. Can you upload the files using any other client using the same protocol and the same credentials? If you can, please post a log files both from WinSCP and the other client.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum