keep subtree location in memory while switching partitions

Advertisement

paenson

keep subtree location in memory while switching partitions

while switching from partition c: to partition d: and back, the location gets forgotten, so you have to switch manually down the tree each time anew. this inconvenience should be fixed.

yours
david paenson

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: keep subtree location in memory while switching partitions

I consider this :-)
BTW: I have removed your duplicate post "mozillabuy".

adem

Display Persistence [folders and sessions]

Hi,

Actually, this is something I have been meaning to ask too.

My request is alittle more comprehensive :-)

I really really would like WinSCP to keep its display settings for each *folder* and each *session*.

This would make life much much easier for me.

What I am about to describe is how Windows Explorer does it.

If I choose to sort a folder in one session by date, it should not force-apply the same to all other sessions.

Similarly, every time I change sessions, selected item in that session is set to blank. I really would like to have persistence with the selected item. It should remember which item it was on when I lert it, and only set it to blank (unselected) if that item does not exist anymore. But it should not go to the top of the display grid even if the item in question does not exist anymore. It should display the remaining items in that display page if it can.

In other words, during the time WinSCP is running, each active session should have more fine granularization of display information and keep them in RAM.

The reason I need this is this:

I work on multiple machines or multiple sessions to single/multiple machines. I do a lot of comparative work on logs and settigns on each session and against other sessions. And, while WinSCP is simply the best there is, the fact that it does not have display persistence becomes a pain.

I do hope you will agree that this sort of thing is very useful for eveyone. [Obviously, you might like to make this optional for those used to the current behavior]

Best regards, and thank you for your hard work

Adem

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum