sftp Connection Times

Advertisement

steveh14

sftp Connection Times

Hi, I am noticing that when I first connect to a remote server via sftp that it typically takes several seconds to do so whereas connecting via FileZilla is less than a second. Once connected file transfer speeds are fine. I was just wondering if this connection time is typical or if there is something I might be doing wrong or can adjust.
This is the same as if I am using the actual WINSCP.exe client or using .NET in my own program.

I have:
Version: 5.73
Development: Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2013.
In development the delay occurs when issuing the Open commend;
mySession.Open(mySessionOptions)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks
Steve

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: sftp Connection Times

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, set Session.SessionLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

steveh14

Thanks,
I have attached a log file that is typical. The whole process from start to finish took 10 seconds but 7 of that was just around the Open command.

Anything that I replaced in the log file I did so with xxxxxxxxx.
  • test.log (12.88 KB, Private file)

steveh14

Sorry for the delay, I was out for a few days over the holiday here in the U.S.
I will see about getting a Filezilla log but I am starting to think the issue is outside our control. As the program has actually gone into production and is getting used more and more I am noticing that most of the time the connection time is fine. Only on occasion does it take several seconds, which leads me to believe it is more of the state of our internet connection/bandwidth than anything wrong with the toolkit itself.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum