Subfolder with same name as current folder instead of '..' (back link)

Advertisement

MarcHoffmann

Subfolder with same name as current folder instead of '..' (back link)

Hi

I am connected over WebDAV to a remote environment. There i noticed that when navigate into specific subfolders then the usual 'back' folder '..' is replaced with a folder of the same name as the folder where you are in (see Screenshot). When you click on that folder of course it gets an error 400.

What I found out is that the issue occurs for folders with space in it (maybe other situation also). Not sure if it also occurs witch other connection protocols (e.g. FTP), only noticed with WebDAV

Would be great if this could be fixed in a future version.

Thanks and best regards
Marc

WinSCP 5.7.3
WebDAV Connection

Description: Screenshot of issue

20150602_DLAPTMH3_Screenshot_001.png

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Subfolder with same name as current folder instead of '..' (back link)

Thanks for your report. Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP). Also please post from a registered account, so I can contact you directly, if needed.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Subfolder with same name as current folder instead of '..' (back link)

Thanks for the logs.

The bug has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1335

I'm sending you an email with a development version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum