Connection Timeout Clarification...

Advertisement

Kedgamatic

Connection Timeout Clarification...

I have been using WinSCP for a couple of weeks now. Love it already! Transferring with WinSCP as client to Filezilla server. Client and server are both on a private network and same subnet. Using FTPS -explicit at this time.

I am in a test phase to ensure transfers are reliable. I was working on reducing speed limits on the Server side to prevent transfers from utilizing too much bandwidth. I hit a limit where I began to encounter server connection timeouts with larger file size transfers.

Using a PUT –delete “C:\CSV_Logs\*.txt” “/” command in the script the server would timeout after (15) seconds when the transfer of larger files was taking place. Would it be a true statement that a full single file transfer must take place within the configured timeout period? If I set the –timeout=30 parameter on the OPEN command or increase the server transfer speed limit the timeout error goes away.

Does the server not consider the transferring of data as a reset for the connection timeout timer? Is there something I’m missing to keep the connection alive during a long and/or slow file transfer or is my solution above the best one available at this time with my selected FTPS protocol?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

Advertisement

Kedgamatic

Connection Timeout Clarification... Interesting Update...

PCs running WinSCP client and Filezilla server were rebooted... My server connection timeouts problems then went away for large file transfer sizes.

I set OPEN command parameter back to default setting of -timeout=15 and everything is transferring just fine.

Interesting... but good to go now. :roll:

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum