[Bug] Able to delete websites without master password

Advertisement

BarisUnver

[Bug] Able to delete websites without master password

Hi. I just realized that I was able to delete a couple of my websites without WinSCP asking me for a master password. Just wanted to let you know.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: [Bug] Able to delete websites without master password

The master password is only to protect the stored password. It's not to prevent user from accessing/modifying/removing other data.

BarisUnver

martin wrote:

The master password is only to protect the stored password. It's not to prevent user from accessing/modifying/removing other data.

That shouldn't be the case, master password should also protect the changes. What if someone changes all passwords to "123456" and prevents the computer owner to connect to his/her sites in an emergency?

Ricardo
Donor
Ricardo avatar

BarisUnver wrote:

martin wrote:

That shouldn't be the case, master password should also protect the changes. What if someone changes all passwords to "123456" and prevents the computer owner to connect to his/her sites in an emergency?
The only way to prevent that would be encrypting the config INI file itself or, in the case settings are saved to Registry, restricting permissions of the registry key. And wscp does not do this.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

BarisUnver wrote:

Encryption cannot prevent the data from being damaged.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum