.dll files are not synchronized with .net assembly

Advertisement

mohan0511

.dll files are not synchronized with .net assembly

Hi All,

I am trying to sync my project files through vb.net code from one server to other remote server, below is the code snippet i used for this : i want to sync the files if there is any change in the file size or datetime stamp.

With the below code, all files are sync correctly but .dll files are not sync. Am i missing anything here ?

''''' open the session
mySession.Open(mySessionOptions)

'''''' Start synchronization
Dim mySynchronizationResult As SynchronizationResult

mySynchronizationResult = mySession.SynchronizeDirectories(SynchronizationMode.Remote, _
"C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyProject", "C:/inetpub/wwwroot/MyProject",
True,False,SynchronizationCriteria.Either)

Console.WriteLine("Build sync successfull ...")

' Throw on any error
mySynchronizationResult.Check()

Console.WriteLine("Build sync result checked")

Please help on the above.

Thanks in advance,
Mohan

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: .dll files are not synchronized with .net assembly

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP). Name one of the problematic files.

To generate log file, set Session.SessionLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

mohan0511

Hi prikryl,

Thank you for your response.

Last time, sorry I forgot to mention that "the .dll file the local folder is not synchronizing all the times whenever there is any change in the .dll in the source server", i mean it's working sometimes and not working sometimes.

Also, i tried to log to a text file as attached but this time the .dll is sync was successful.

Also, before the actual sync happens is there any way to list out what are the files that are going to be synchronized to the remote server? If i can know those files, i will delete them first on the remote server and then call the SynchronizeDirectories method. Do you see is this good?

Thank you.
  • BuildSyncLog.txt (41.08 KB, Private file)
Description: I have removed some sensitive details from this file.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand.

So were you able to reproduce the problem or not?

I see that no files were synchronized in the log. Did you expect any file to be synchronized? And if, what files?

mohan0511

Sorry to confuse you Prikryl.
I couldn't reproduce the issue, the .dll i am referring to is "FullVersion.dll". I am still trying and keep you updated on the progress.

Also, before the actual synchronization of the files to the remote server, is there anyway to know the files that are going to be synchronized (i.e., all the files on the source server that are different from the remote server) on the remote server?

Thank you.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

mohan0511 wrote:

Also, before the actual synchronization of the files to the remote server, is there anyway to know the files that are going to be synchronized (i.e., all the files on the source server that are different from the remote server) on the remote server?
This is not supported in the assembly at the moment.

In scripting, you can use -preview switch:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/scriptcommand_synchronize

mohan0511

Thank your help on this Prikryl. It would be a good option in the .net assembly also if we preview the files before the actual sync.

The main cause for the issue i faced, I guess sometimes the IIS server is locking the .dll file (which i want to sync to the remote server directory) and preventing the re-write of the .dll file. I am still exploring on this will post you once i find any clue on the same.

Thanks

Stephane Tinseau

martin wrote:

mohan0511 wrote:

This is not supported in the assembly at the moment.

In scripting, you can use -preview switch:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/scriptcommand_synchronize

Hi,
Do you know when it could be available in the assembly ?
Thanks

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum