Putfiles and MLSD...

Advertisement

Compusoft

Putfiles and MLSD...

Hello,
I am uploading image files (.Net assembly, putfiles command) to 5 different folders.
In each folder still thousands of images exist. (I know this is a bad design but the webshop has no other options)
Each time I upload a new image an MLSD command is sent to the ftp server.
So each image is uploaded in less than a second but the MLSD command blocks for many seconds (up to 50) until next image can be uploaded...

If I use Winscp as gui - the MLSD Command can be disables when not refreshing the destination folder...

How can I disable the MLSD Command in .net assembly?

Thanks in advance (Using V574)

Sven

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Putfiles and MLSD...

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, set Session.SessionLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

No it's not fixed, it's not a bug.

I have maybe misunderstood your problem. I've though the MLSD is used before each file. If it is once for each directory, that's correct behavior.

Compusoft

martin wrote:

No it's not fixed, it's not a bug.

I have maybe misunderstood your problem. I've though the MLSD is used before each file. If it is once for each directory, that's correct behavior.

The Problem is that I upload files to 5 different folders.
Each time when I upload to a new Folder the mlsd command is sent because it is a different Folder than the folder before.
Uploading 5 files to 5 different Folders needs about a minute to get finished.
Even if the next image is uploaded to the same 5 folders once again the mlsd command is sent after each image.
The Problem is nearly no Problem if only some files exist in Destination Folder (the mlsd command is finished very fast) - but if thousands of files exist the upload is much to slow! 1 Minute for just 5 files with each 100kb is to slow.

Any Chance to get a fixed winscp Version? The Winscp Guid doesn't send an mlsd command - here everything is all right...

Thanks again.

Sven

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Yes, GUI uses cache when switching the directories. The scripting does not.
Though the GUI reloads the directory after the upload, the scripting does not. So in the end, it's the same (unless you turn off the automatic reload).

Compusoft

martin wrote:

Yes, GUI uses cache when switching the directories. The scripting does not.
Though the GUI reloads the directory after the upload, the scripting does not. So in the end, it's the same (unless you turn off the automatic reload).

Thanks for your reply.
In this case your .net assembly is useless for me - When I want to have a directory listing I send the command to get it but when I want to upload a single file it is not necessary to get the directory listing. Of course I disabled the function in your GUI to verify the upload process.
As I mentioned - Uploading to a folder where nearly no file is in the problem nearly doesn't exist. But the more files in destination folder the slower gets your software.
In my case I upload a single file in less than a second but the process then needs much traffic and a long time.

Sad - but this forces me to look for an other software.

Thanks anyway.

Sven

marioware-connect

Additional

Hi there,

I have a similar situation and would like to bring this topic up. After an upload we change the folder to an archive-folder to upload the file once again.

Before the upload starts there is the MLSD command which (in test) fills a logfile with 7.5 MB and has almost one and a half minutes time loss (depending on latencies) while the upload itself is ludicrously fast.

> 2017-06-28 09:07:48.678 MLSD
< 2017-06-28 09:07:48.741 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for MLSD
. 2017-06-28 09:07:52.359 modify=20170628070743;perm=flcdmpe;type=cdir;unique=14U8F18D9;UNIX.group=502;UNIX.mode=0755;UNIX.owner=503; .
some 49,000 rows later(!)
. 2017-06-28 09:07:53.451 modify=20170529175146;perm=adfrw;size=45841;type=file;unique=14U90DF00;UNIX.group=502;UNIX.mode=0640;UNIX.owner=503; some_file_name.PDF
< 2017-06-28 09:07:53.451 226 Transfer complete

This upload is running every 10 minutes (the ecommerce-system creates new invoices every minute) so here is the need to regain the time every 10 minutes to give this time back to other processes.

We really would be pleased to get help in this case because we want to use your great program the next years, too.

Advertisement

marioware-connect

Re: Additional

Hello again,

sorry I missed that. I will try to get this running asap. Thank you for you time and fast Response.

martin wrote:

This should actually be resolved already:
https://winscp.net/tracker/1403
Make sure you are using the latest version of WinSCP.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum