Error uploading a file while using implicit FTP over TLS

Advertisement

NilsP

Error uploading a file while using implicit FTP over TLS

Hi all,

I have to use implicit FTP over TLS to upload a file to an external server, but each try ends up in an infinite loop with the error "Timeout detected. (data connection)" and only a zero length file remains.
While using FTP everything works fine. I also tested other clients like FileZilla and FTP Rush which worked well, but - they are not scriptable.
The
Here are some technical informations:
- I have to use a client which is scriptable und runs with Windows.
- I have to use a fixed/public IP address which has been configured by the ISP who is responsible for the FTP server. The IP address was set at WinSCP also.
- Our ISP has mentioned, that all our traffic goes through a proxy even FTP(S). The proxy was set at WinSCP also.

Does anyone experience the same problem like me? If so, you maybe can help me to get WinSCP running?
Feel free to have a look at the log file attached to this post.

Cheers
Nils
Last edited by NilsP on 2015-12-10 14:39; edited 1 time in total
Description: Log file with successful transfer
Description: Log file with errors

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error uploading a file while using implicit FTP over TLS

Please attach a log file from FileZilla or the other FTP client (a real log file, not the message log from GUI).

NilsP

martin wrote:

Please attach a log file from FileZilla or the other FTP client (a real log file, not the message log from GUI).

Thanks for your response. I have just added a log file to my post. Besides this I have tested WinSCP with a local FTPS server and everything worked fine. Maybe the problem is proxy related?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Most probably it's the combination of proxy and TLS.

I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

NilsP

You are a magician! Because now it even works like a charm.
The transfer of a 132 bytes test file took about 30 seconds, but I guess this was due to the activated debug mode.

Would you like to receive all the files like described in "Using Debug Build" anyway? If so, I will send you an email with all that stuff attached.

Did you already have scheduled to release a new official version of WinSCP with this bug fixed?

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum