Sorting (feeding to list) search results

Advertisement

longtalker

Sorting (feeding to list) search results

Hello,

I'd like to delete the 10 largest files that meet a certain search phrase in my remote FTP directory. For that, I'd need to be able to sort search results.

In file managers such as Total Commander, search results can be fed to a list similar to the one used to display the local directory structure. These results can then be sorted by any of the visible columns (e.g. size, name).

Can such a functionality be obtained in WinSCP? If not, then could this go down as a feature suggestion? I see that sort columns are not clickable in WinSCP's Find window (Alt+F7), nor is there any "Feed to listbox"-type button, as in Total Commander.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Advertisement

longtalker

?

Haven't found any workaround for this yet, would very much appreciate any helpful replies - thank you in advance!

longtalker

Hello,
Just wondering whether anyone is actually reading these help requests. I seem to recall reading on this website that the WinSCP devs' policy was to answer all queries in two business days...

longtalker

In case the lack of support to this ticket - opened more than a week ago! - is the lack of further information about my copy of WinSCP, please find this below.

Version of WinSCP used: v5.1.5, running on Windows XP SP3

Transfer protocol = SFTP

Interface style = Commander

Advertisement

longtalker

OK thanks for your reply nonetheless. I hope to see this feature implemented in the not-too-distant future.

mdy12

Re: Sorting (feeding to list) search results

martin wrote:

Sorry for late answer. I was on vacation.

You are right, WinSCP does not support this yet.

Request for result sorting is tracked here:
https://winscp.net/tracker/902

It's been two years since this request. It's not that difficult to implement sorting capabilities on the find results. It's the same list control as the two browser lists and you can sort those lists. This is something that should have been implemented at the time the find feature was developed. It's common sense to add sorting to a list. This is basic programming 101 techniques. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, would one of you developers add the ability to sort the find results by any column? It'll probably only take you five minutes to do. I'd really like to be able to sort by changed date.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum