How to remove/hide Local view from Commander view?

Advertisement

jsherk

How to remove/hide Local view from Commander view?

EDIT:
My original resolution I posted here was WRONG, so I have removed it and now I have to ask the question:

Is it possible to hide the Local view in Commander view?

Advertisement

Susan_Susan

Command View

Everyone at our company needs that same (impossible to do) feature.

*STAY* in the "commander view" while *NOT* showing the local folder.

We *NEVER* use the local folder.
We *NEVER* use the "explorer view".

Why is WinSCP missing so many simple features?

MrNerdHair

I second this request! Explorer mode lacks the essential ".." directory, and does not allow a directory tree at the top of the window. I usually use WinSCP in a thin, tall window next to my text editor, and a horizontal tree is perfect for using all those vertical pixels. Alas, only commander mode has it, and you can't lose the local folder in that mode.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, I'll consider adding the .. and an option to position the directory tree above the file list (instead of left of the list), if more people ask for it.

OpNop

martin wrote:

OK, I'll consider adding the .. and an option to position the directory tree above the file list (instead of left of the list), if more people ask for it.

Yes please, this is one reason I switched to MobaXterm but I don't always need an SSH connection up so WinScp is a nice smaller UI, but never need the local view and would like to have a nice tall thin file browser. Really just need to add ".." to explorer view and I would be happy, because I can already hide the tree.

zheb

Solution

You can use the "Explorer" style and switch just switch file view to table. So you have same as Commander but w/o local files list

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum