Copy Bookmarks from one Stored Session to another?

Advertisement

chrischarles2002

Copy Bookmarks from one Stored Session to another?

Is it currently possible, or would this be a new feature request, to allow the entire list of saved Bookmarks (Ctrl-O) to be copied from one saved session to another (maybe a section in the INI file that can be copied to other sessions)? The example I could state is if you have several locations you need to get to that are all the same over multiple machines, you do not have to recreate your bookmarks every time you save a NEW session.

Thanks for the consideration.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Copy Bookmarks from one Stored Session to another?

OK, what would you find more useful? To provide copy functionality? Or to provide functionality to share bookmarks between all sessions?

chrischarles2002

If I had to choose - I guess I would vote for the "shared" option.

If you do decide to go down that path, maybe an enhancement that would have a checkbox type control on the bookmark window "show shared bookmarks" which is "active" by default, and who's state is saved from session to session.

Thanks prikryl!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I guess I would make two lists (like two tabs). To mix shared and session-specific bookmarks in single view can be confusing. And also difficult to implement ;-) What do you think?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

chrischarles2002 wrote:

I think that's a GREAT idea. Let me know when you do a release with the feature, I'll be glad to test it out for you.
The same question: What would you find more useful? To provide copy functionality? Or to provide functionality to share bookmarks between all sessions?

Advertisement

detmer14

Count me in for this feature

Looks like this suggestion lost traction. I would love to have this feature. I log into multiple servers that point to the same SAN so the locations are identical. But I need to log in from different servers. Would love to be able to share bookmarks across saved sessions.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum