UNC File paths fail to open version 3.7.4

Advertisement

UNC File paths fail to open version 3.7.4

In 3.7.4 when attempting to browse from the local side results in an erro saying UNC paths are not supported even though release notes for 3.7.3 state otherwise. Is there a special way necessary to browse to a unc path?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: UNC File paths fail to open version 3.7.4

3.7.3 only states that:
Allowed downloads to UNC paths.
Browsing UNC paths is not supported.

ok so how do I get a directory location specified through a unc path to show up in my win scp window so I can download to it?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

ok so how do I get a directory location specified through a unc path to show up in my win scp window so I can download to it?
Type in path manually or use Browse button next to path box. Or drag the files to Windows Explorer opened on the UNC path.

Hmmm,
Sorry for the confusion.

I originally said Browsing did not work.
when attempting to browse

You told me you can't browse.

Browsing UNC paths is not supported

Now you are telling me to browse:

Type in path manually or use Browse button next to path box

So now I'm really confused.
Let me try and explain my issue in more detail.
When I click the "Open Directory/Bookmark (Ctrl+O) Button
An open directory box appears.

When I attempt to type in a unc path in the Open Directory text box and hit enter,
winscp displays an Error box that says "UNC Paths are not supported".

So if you could explain in detail how I get a unc path location to show up in winscp using the norton interface I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers,
Joe

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

So if you could explain in detail how I get a unc path location to show up in winscp using the norton interface I would be extremely grateful.
You CANNOT browse UNC paths :-)

I may have confused you by referring to "Browse" button. I've meant the one on "download" options dialog. There you can use it to select UNC destination path. In other words you can use it to download your files to UNC path, without having it opened in local panel. That's all you can do (Or use drag&drop).

Ah ok.
I understand now.
Drag and drop does work from winscp directly to an explorer window open to a unc location even without the drag and drop shell integration installed. Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Joe

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum