synchronization remembers previous local directory

Advertisement

macklin01

synchronization remembers previous local directory

Right now, anytime you click the sync button, it starts in the local "my documents" folder. It would be really nice if it were to remember the last local directory used as a starting point.

Otherwise, it's all too easy to accidentally wipe out the local "my documents" folder by syncing it instead of the intended folder. (Not too difficult to imagine if you're syncing the same folder a few times on a late-night project.)

Thanks a lot for all the work on winscp. I think it's fantastic software!! -- Paul

Advertisement

I use the norton-like interface. I hadn't thought of testing to see if this happens in the Explorer-like interface.

Thanks -- Paul

I just took a peek. Sure enough, in the explorer-like interface, the synchronize command does remember the last directory. -- Paul

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I use the norton-like interface. I hadn't thought of testing to see if this happens in the Explorer-like interface.
This is by purpose. With Norton-Commander interface, you always see the current path from local panel. I'm not going to change it as it would be against the concept of the interface. If you want to see different path, open it in the local panel.

Advertisement

macklin01

martin wrote:

This is by purpose. With Norton-Commander interface, you always see the current path from local panel. I'm not going to change it as it would be against the concept of the interface. If you want to see different path, open it in the local panel.

Ah, that makes sense. (I didn't really have that insight, as I'm not a long-time user of nc; I only liked the interface as a first-time user to winscp.)

Is there any way to change the default local panel path? I don't remember having seen that in the configuration, and I can't check it now as I'm on a gentoo machine at school.

Thanks, and greetings to Praha! :) -- Paul

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

macklin01 wrote:

Is there any way to change the default local panel path? I don't remember having seen that in the configuration, and I can't check it now as I'm on a gentoo machine at school.
Please read F.A.Q.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum