object rerefence not set using vb.net

Advertisement

realkewl

object rerefence not set using vb.net

Hello All,

I'm using VS2013 and WinSCP 5.7.6 that I download/installed from NuGet.

protocol: FTP

The app connects to a FTP server I can run the app on my computer, Windows 8.1.

Here's are the steps I take
Connect
List Directory
Find latest file
Download file (Transfer Mode Binary, Do not delete file)

However, once I deploy to Windows 2012 machine and try to run I get
an "object reference not set" when it tries to download the file.

I made sure that the local path permissions allows everyone full control.

So, not sure what problem could be.

Thanks,
Ray

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: object rerefence not set using vb.net

Please attach a full debug log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, set Session.DebugLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

realkewl

martin wrote:

Please attach a full debug log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, set Session.DebugLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Ok after enabling debuglogpath I no longer get the object reference error. The program seems to run fine without errors but I do not see where the ftp file is being downloaded.

So, basically, it thinks it has downloaded a file, but I'm not seeing it.

Log file attached.
  • log.txt (46.19 KB, Private file)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

You must be getting an exception. The Session.GetFiles exits immediately without doing anything.

Can you show us an exception callstack? (with or without the Session.DebugLogPath set)

realkewl

martin wrote:

You must be getting an exception. The Session.GetFiles exits immediately without doing anything.

Can you show us an exception callstack? (with or without the Session.DebugLogPath set)

Funny thing is it's not throwing an exception. I'm outputting any errors to the console. But I just get transfer complete.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum