Going thru directories with denied permission to open them..

Advertisement

Prooksius

Going thru directories with denied permission to open them..

Hello!

Having such a problem.

When I connect to my hosting server WinSCP opens my account root dir. I try to go up for a 1 dir on a dir tree, but permission for me to open it is denied. So nothing is shown after changing the dir.
And now I want to go down (return) to my root dir and I cannot do this because there is nothing shown in the current forbidden dir.
Also in Dir ierarchy drop down list there is already no my dir either.

What should I do to get back? Ecept reconnecting of course. :)

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Going thru directories with denied permission to open them..

I you are using norton command interface, you should still see ".." link. In both interfaces there is "parent directory" button on toolbar and in menu. Also read documentation.

Prooksius

martin wrote:

I you are using norton command interface, you should still see ".." link. In both interfaces there is "parent directory" button on toolbar and in menu.

No. I want to get back to a child dir, not parent.

I'll try 2 rephrase my first post.

I using norton style.
When I connect to my hosting server, WinSCP opens my account root dir. I try to go to a parent dir, but permission for me to open it is denied. So nothing is shown after changing the dir.
And now I want to go down (return) to my root dir, which is now a child dir, and I cannot do this because there is nothing shown in the current forbidden dir.
As I understand in forbodden dor there is not possible to see it's contents. So I cannot go bach to my "root" dir.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Prooksius wrote:

When I connect to my hosting server, WinSCP opens my account root dir. I try to go to a parent dir, but permission for me to open it is denied. So nothing is shown after changing the dir.
And now I want to go down (return) to my root dir, which is now a child dir, and I cannot do this because there is nothing shown in the current forbidden dir.
As I understand in forbodden dor there is not possible to see it's contents. So I cannot go bach to my "root" dir.
Ok, previously I've understood that "by down" you mean "to parent directory". Now I understand that you mean "to child directory", do you?

To go to child directory that you cannot see in the list, you may use either directory history (back/forward buttons) or you need to type in path manually (open directory command) or bookmark you account root directory or use "home directory" button. Plenty of options :-)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum