problem in sync process using scripting

Advertisement

achanda

Hi,

My target is to sync the files of two servers using scripting.

1. Source- Files in RHEL server generated by an application in a particular directory.
2. Target- A Windows 2003 (SP 2) server folder.

It works fine for all except the file which is currently getting updated by the application. It just skips that file and syncs all other files which are not in use by the application at that point of time.

Is it possible to sync the current file also. When I tried using the GUI it works. I upgraded to WinSCP 5.7.7 from previous version but still no luck.

Cheers,
Arnab

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: problem in sync process using scripting

Please attach log files both from the GUI and the script, showing the different behavior.

achanda

Hi,
I have attached the logs for both the mode.
If you kindly see logs, the file which is used by the application currently (XXXXX_373.log) is not getting synced while it running as a script. But no issues during the manual process.
Many Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Arnab
  • WinSCPLog.zip (8.65 KB, Private file)
Description: I have modified the files to overwrite some of the non shareable information

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

In GUI you are synchronizing a local directory D:\Applications, while in the script you are synchronizing D:\Applications\GenesysOutboundReporter\dataFolder\auditData.

achanda

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
The folder used for synchronization using GUI is just for example and to simulate the problem. I can assure you that both the folder contains the identical files. Tried both the folders having older files as well as making them empty.

Cheers,
Arnab

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry, I want to see log files for the identical folders. Your reassurance won't help me debugging your problem.

achanda

Hi,
Attached the logs.
Cheers,
Arnab
  • WinSCP Logs.zip (17.5 KB, Private file)
Description: WINSCP logs for GUI & SCRIPT

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

The only difference I see is that in scripting the CallStats_AuditLog_DC1.20160321_143940_282.log was excluded:

. 2016-03-21 15:40:45.439 Remote file '<Unix Path>/CallStats_AuditLog/CallStats_AuditLog_DC1.20160321_143940_282.log' [2016-03-21T15:40:52.000Z] [3175341] excluded from synchronization

It's because you have a file mask *.log<=0D. It effectively says to exclude all "future" files. The file has timestamp 15:40:52, while the current time is 15:40:45.

achanda

Hi,
Thanks for the update.
Modified that part and works absolutely fine.

Many thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
Arnab

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum