background queue

Advertisement

sasquatch

background queue

When I am copying or moving files using the background queue, sometimes the connection to file gets lost and the entire queue will stop because of the error msg. I will then requeue the file to move or copy again if it wasn't complete the first time. Is it possible to set an option, to retry the file if the connection is lost or maybe add it back to the bottom of the queue and let the queue keep processing? The error I ususally get is "connection reset by peer". Maybe it might be possible to skip the queue item with the error and move onto the next item?

Thanks a lot

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: background queue

sasquatch wrote:

When I am copying or moving files using the background queue, sometimes the connection to file gets lost and the entire queue will stop because of the error msg. I will then requeue the file to move or copy again if it wasn't complete the first time. Is it possible to set an option, to retry the file if the connection is lost or maybe add it back to the bottom of the queue and let the queue keep processing?
This is quite difficult to implement.
Maybe it might be possible to skip the queue item with the error and move onto the next item?
This is easier (still not easy :-)). I'll consider it.

martin wrote:

sasquatch wrote:

When I am copying or moving files using the background queue, sometimes the connection to file gets lost and the entire queue will stop because of the error msg. I will then requeue the file to move or copy again if it wasn't complete the first time. Is it possible to set an option, to retry the file if the connection is lost or maybe add it back to the bottom of the queue and let the queue keep processing?
This is quite difficult to implement.
Maybe it might be possible to skip the queue item with the error and move onto the next item?
This is easier (still not easy :-)). I'll consider it.

Could you just make it so that when the reconnect dialog appears, the background transfers still continue or reconnect? I'm trying to move a gig of data and my server is sometimes unreliable on SSH because of the firewall run by another company. To keep having to hit reconnect, highlight, then transfer, then confirm and wait, then do it again an hour later is mildly irratating. Is there a better way??!

Dug

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Could you just make it so that when the reconnect dialog appears, the background transfers still continue or reconnect?
If it were that easy... :-)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum