Error listing directory, Use 'cd' First

Advertisement

Ryan-ITW

Error listing directory, Use 'cd' First

Hello!

We're trying to use your program to connect to an IBM Info Exchange FTP using TSL. We are able to connect, but when we do so with the directory that we need to use, we get the error message in the screenshot.

We used to use a Kermit Dialer and command prompt to do this, so I'd imagine the functionality is the same with WinSCP, but perhaps the method has changed.

Am I missing something? I don't see how to do a "cd edi" with WinSCP.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

EDI.png

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error listing directory, Use 'cd' First

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry, I do not understand what the server means by the error message.

It seems that you are not allowed to list the /EDI folder.

Though it seems that the upload succeeded, right?

Ryan-ITW

It does not appear that they upload -- we continue to get the error about needing to use 'cd' first. But perhaps they are uploading anyway?

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum