TouchPad scroll only in tree working

Advertisement

SirWill

TouchPad scroll only in tree working

Hey,

I have currenlty the issue that I can only scroll with my TouchPad in the directory tree and not in the section. I already reinstalld WinSCP but it doesn't change anything. If I plug in a mouse I can scroll with the mouse.

Version: 5.7.1 (Build: 5235), Windows 8.1, Explorer & Commander interface

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: TouchPad scroll only in tree working

Do you mean that you cannot scroll the file list?

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

marchiuzz

the same issue

I have bought dell xps 13(9343 version). And i have the same issue. You can not scroll with touchpad. Everything is ok with mouse.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: the same issue

Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

Advertisement

agnussmcferguss

Did anyone work out a solution to this problem? I am seeing this on my Surface Book.

I'm happy to try the debug version to try and work this out also (if required).

For what it's worth, I can see the scrollbar move when I scroll, but as soon as I stop scrolling it moves back up to top (or wherever it was positioned). The contents of the pane don't scroll with the scrollbar. It does scroll if I drag on the touchscreen.

Cheers for any advice.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

agnussmcferguss wrote:

Did anyone work out a solution to this problem? I am seeing this on my Surface Book.

I'm happy to try the debug version to try and work this out also (if required).

For what it's worth, I can see the scrollbar move when I scroll, but as soon as I stop scrolling it moves back up to top (or wherever it was positioned). The contents of the pane don't scroll with the scrollbar. It does scroll if I drag on the touchscreen.

Cheers for any advice.
Thanks for your report.

Advertisement

Got the same problem.. Could you also send me a debug version? My email is jingtianhu2@gmail.com

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Got the same problem.. Could you also send me a debug version? My email is jingtianhu2@...
Thanks for offering a help with this problem.

Though, I've tried to debug this numerous times already. But I was never able to identify the problem. Looks like a driver issue combined with some specifics of WinSCP (specifically the VCL library).

So I do not think it's worth trying again to debug this remotely. I'd have to have obtain the problematic machine physically.

Advertisement

a2140416

martin wrote:

Got the same problem.. Could you also send me a debug version? My email is jingtianhu2@...
Thanks for offering a help with this problem.

Though, I've tried to debug this numerous times already. But I was never able to identify the problem. Looks like a driver issue combined with some specifics of WinSCP (specifically the VCL library).

So I do not think it's worth trying again to debug this remotely. I'd have to have obtain the problematic machine physically.

I see. Thanks! For your information, the computer I have is a Toshiba Kirabook. It might be the high pixel density or the touch screen that caused the issue.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

a2140416 wrote:

I see. Thanks! For your information, the computer I have is a Toshiba Kirabook. It might be the high pixel density or the touch screen that caused the issue.
So do you have problems with touchscreen or touchpad?

a2140416

martin wrote:

a2140416 wrote:

I can scroll up and down on the Touchscreen, but not with the Touchpad. Probably, scrolling with mouse is not working either (not 100% sure).

a2140416

martin wrote:

a2140416 wrote:

Sorry I made a mistake. Scrolling with mouse is okay - only touchpad has the issue.

Advertisement

zarthon59

Same here. Last version of WinSCP, Dell XPS13 and touchpad scrolling is not happening although I can see the scroll bar on the right side move. Did anybody find a way to make it work?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum