Touch both local and remote file or no abort on sync.

Advertisement

brablc
brablc avatar

Touch both local and remote file or no abort on sync.

I have searched the forums and read the FAQ.

I would like to exclude some files from synchronization (they contain db credentials that are different on local and remote system), so I thought of changing the timestamp of both files to be the same. I can do so by creating two command one local and remote both with touch, asking for timestamp parameter.

1) I would like possibility to execute local command by right clicking the file (now I must right click remote file), or selecting from menu File/Local Commands.

2) I would love possibility to execute separate local and remote commands at one go, sharing the same parameters.

3) I vote to move Local Commands to "Commands" menu.

4) Could there be a parameter history added.

5) Can I do my task other way? Perhaps by skiping the files that I do not want to sync without aborting the sync as such)?

Which points should I rewrite to feature request?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Touch both local and remote file or no abort on sync.

brablc wrote:

1) I would like possibility to execute local command by right clicking the file (now I must right click remote file), or selecting from menu File/Local Commands.
Maybe, if I find a way how to "hack in" custom command to explorer's file context menu.

But anyway, the "custom commands" are primarily focused on working with remote files. The "!^!" pattern was added only to allow local custom command be executed over pair of local and remote file. For example for diff tool. It is not intended to be executed on the local file solely. So generally, the should be both "!" and "!^!" patterns in the command. What you are trying to do is rather misuse of the functionality.

2) I would love possibility to execute separate local and remote commands at one go, sharing the same parameters.
The same as above :-)

3) I vote to move Local Commands to "Commands" menu.
The same as above :-)

4) Could there be a parameter history added.
OK.

5) Can I do my task other way? Perhaps by skiping the files that I do not want to sync without aborting the sync as such)?
Use Exclude Mask

brablc
brablc avatar

martin wrote:

Use Exclude Mask

But exclude mask is not saved with my session (WinSCP 3.7.4)! Is this a bug? Could I set the mask from within a script?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

brablc wrote:

But exclude mask is not saved with my session (WinSCP 3.7.4)!
Copy parameters are global, not per session.
Next version will include mechanism to configure different default copy parameters for different hosts.

Could I set the mask from within a script?
Not yet.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum