Cannot tunnel with SFTP after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Advertisement

GiniPig

Cannot tunnel with SFTP after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Dear WebAdmin,

I tried to solve this problem myself but I cannot do it. I am sorry to disturb you.

What I would like to do is to connect to the cluster computer in the lab that located inside the University from my home. The university use public-private key authentication while the lab use password authentication.

I just upgraded the operating system in my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After the upgrade, I could not tunnel through the gateway of the university. The error is "Server unexpectedly closed network connection."

I attached the log file to you privately.

Note that I tried the tunnel from inside the university but outside the lab, and the connection can be established normally. I also tried to close the firewall and then connected from my home but it did not work.

Last but not least, I am also using PuTTYPortable, and it does not work after upgraded to Windows 10 as well.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

GiniPig
  • winscp.log (4.23 KB, Private file)
Description: This is a log file from trying to connect from outside of the university by using WinSCP Portable.

I have to apologize that I cannot reveal the IP addresses.

Advertisement

GiniPig

Additional Information

I would like to provide the additional information. Kindly find the log when I can successfully establish the connection (from inside the lab).

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

GiniPig
  • winscp#2.log (257.02 KB, Private file)
Description: The log when the connection is successfully established.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Cannot tunnel with SFTP after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

WinSCP is not able to connect to the "UniveristyGateway". I cannot tell why. Are you able to connect to the "UniveristyGateway" using any other SSH client? PuTTY for example.

GiniPig

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately, PuTTY cannot connect to the "UniversityGateway" as well.

If you need other necessary information to solve this problem, please feel free to request such information.

GiniPig

Thank you very much

Dear Admin,

Now I can connect to the University gateway!!

Maybe there are some problems with the gateway itself. I have to deeply apologize that I cause trouble for you.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

GiniPig

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum