control temp files

Advertisement

mrfennecfox

control temp files

I've been frequently receiving this error output for the last few weeks and am looking for a resolution:

WinSCP process terminated with exit code 3 and output "", without responding (response log file C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\wscp14B8.03E4F684.tmp was not created). This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.

The scenario that causes this is as follows:

remote sftp has numerous sub-directories, and in each sub-directory exists a file with the same name (\folder1\data.csv, \folder2\data.csv, \folder3\data.csv etc)

on my local server i have a series of processes scheduled to retrieve these files at specific times (often overlapping) using multiple distinct instances of the .net dll/winscp exe.

i suspect that these temp file names are generated based on something like current time, file name, and source server, and the error results from the temp file already existing after the fist process begins running.

is there any way that i can control what folder path is used for these temp files?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: control temp files

How "frequently" are you getting this? Is there any pattern? In what context do you run the .NET assembly? Is it Windows Scheduler task or what?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum