Using Winscp.com in a Batchfile with Escape characters

Advertisement

Moriarty91

Using Winscp.com in a Batchfile with Escape characters

Hello!
I am writing a batchfile to automatically upload a file to an sftp-server.
Using the following code works fine:
 C:\patch\to\winscp.com /log="C:\path\winscp.log" /loglevel=1 /command ^
"open user@sftp.psubdomain.server.com -privatekey=C:\path\key.ppk -hostkey=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" "put -resume -resumesupport=on -transfer=binary -delete C:\path\%filename%.ext users/name/path/" "exit"

But using the following code which I have copied from the documentation produces errors:
C:\patch\to\winscp.com /log="C:\path\winscp.log" /loglevel=1 ^
     "open user@sftp.psubdomain.server.com -privatekey=C:\path\key.ppk -hostkey=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" ^
     "put -resume -resumesupport=on -transfer=binary -delete C:\path\%filename%.ext users/name/path/" ^
     "exit"
I have copied the codesample above from the documentation and WinSCP either says "Unknown command: ^" after executing the "open ..." line (so the second ^ is not recognized) and the following WinSCP-commands "put..." and "exit" are then interpreted by cmd in the batch file and not WinSCP as part of its commands.
The other error I get from WinSCP is "Unknown command: open user@sftp.psubdomain.server.com -privatekey=C".
I have not figured out, which error is triggered when and I don't know what is wrong as the logfile simply seems to repeat these errors.
Thanks for your help!
Moriarty91

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum