Server Sent Public Key

Advertisement

Hapster

Server Sent Public Key

I have written an application that makes use of the .NET assembly. We are connecting successfully expect for one site. Here is the code and the error message we are getting:

Code:
SessionOptions sessionOptions = new SessionOptions
{
Protocol = Protocol.Sftp,
HostName = rITTHostName,
UserName = rITTUserName,
Password = rITTPassword,
//GiveUpSecurityAndAcceptAnySshHostKey = true
SshHostKeyFingerprint = "ssh-dss 1024 e4:8a:0d:62:d8:0c:9f:e3:f0:4f:67:23:a4:51:a3:da"
};

Error Message:
Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)
at WinSCP.SessionLogReader.Read(LogReadFlags flags)
at WinSCP.ElementLogReader.Read(LogReadFlags flags)
at WinSCP.SessionElementLogReader.Read(LogReadFlags flags)
at WinSCP.CustomLogReader.TryWaitForNonEmptyElement(String localName, LogReadFlags flags)
at WinSCP.CustomLogReader.WaitForGroupAndCreateLogReader()
at WinSCP.Session.Open(SessionOptions sessionOptions)
at Curia.Jcms.RITT.CheckAndSendFilesLeftBehind() in C:\Users\Aditya\Source\Workspaces\jcms.webservice\jcms.webservice\RITT.cs:line 172

I'm trying to figure out why this one site and how best to troubleshoot/correct this problem.

Thank you in advance for helping.
Aditya

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Server Sent Public Key

Looks like the server does not support a password authentication. You have to use public key authentication.

Re: Server Sent Public Key

martin wrote:

Looks like the server does not support a password authentication. You have to use public key authentication.

That makes sense. However, the same software is connecting to the same server from different locations (my other clients). Each location has a different user name and password hence different login account. Do you think it could be related to the account that was setup?

Thanks,
Aditya

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum