Error watching for changes of file - long file name - can I disable this feature

Advertisement

bbrandt5

Error watching for changes of file - long file name - can I disable this feature

Hi everyone

When I try to open a file on the remote server through WinSCP (without copying it to a local directory first) I get the error

(Exception) Error watching for changes of file

I think this error is caused by the filepath being too long (the file is stored on a Linux machine with a very deep directory structure, see attache log file). I do this quite frequently so everytime I have to click away the error message. Is there a way I can disable the watching of files in the options? I looked but couldn't find anything.

Another suggestion: Instead of replicating the filepath in the temporary directory (which I think winscp tries to do) winscp could create a hash of the filepath and save the temporary file using that hash.

Or am I getting this all wrong and the cause is something entirely different?

Thanks

Benedikt
Description: log file

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error watching for changes of file - long file name - can I disable this feature

bbrandt5 wrote:

Another suggestion: Instead of replicating the filepath in the temporary directory (which I think winscp tries to do) winscp could create a hash of the filepath and save the temporary file using that hash.
You can turn this off in preferences (Append remote path to temporary path):
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_storage

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum